Sylvia Hajo, Senior Associate Principal
Ms. Hajo is a Registered Interior Designer and LEED AP ID +C. She joined IBI Group in 2009 as Director of Interiors and is a Senior Associate Principal with the firm. Her previous design experience included Commercial Tenants, Healthcare, Hospitality, Retail, and Food and Beverage. In her 24+ year career, she has managed, designed and specified over $60M of furniture budgets.
Sylvia’s work at IBI focuses on K-12, Higher Education, FF&E Consulting and Commercial Tenant projects. She plays a key role in all phases of the interior design process, specializing in creating material palettes that are innovative and support today’s learning environments. In her designs, she tells her clients’ stories by mixing materials, colors, finishes, and sustainable elements while respecting budgets.
Notable Projects – IBI Group
- Housman Elementary School – Interior Design (IIDA Design Excellence Award)
- Spring Branch Elementary School (The National Terrazzo Mosaic Association Award NMTA)
- Friendswood High School (NTMA Award)
- Port of Houston Authority Executive Building- Department Build-Outs,
- Dr. Kirk Lewis Career and Technical High School – Pasadena ISD
- San Jacinto College – Developed district standards for FF&E and Finishes
- HomeTown Bank – Created interior design prototype
Notable Career Projects
- NRG Stadium – Public Bars / Private Suites
- NRG Park Exposition Center Concessions
- World Duty Group Retail Stores
- Cinco Ranch Public Library
- Memorial Hermann Katy and Sugarland Hospitals FF&E
- Sam Houston Race Park Public Spaces
- Houston Community College Executive Offices
Sylvia is actively involved with IIDA Houston Center holding numerous positions in the organization including Director, Communications Chair, Professional Panel Moderator of IIDA Student Day and GRA Chair. She currently serves on the Advisory Committee for the Art Institute of Houston Interior Design Program, San Jacinto College Interior Design Program, and ITT Technical Institute Technical Drafting Program.